Monday, April 12, 2010

Incense

Time to talk about another form of home fragrance.

I think this is a love it or hate it thing. I've always liked burning incense - ever since I was introduced to it at a local hippie store/head shop - whatever you wanna call it. But recently I found it again at a privately run scent shop. It's a good way to get scent quickly and it's usually enough to fill a room. You will need an incense burner/holder to catch the ash but I always used to stick an incense stick in a votive candle if you don't have one. They come in a ton a different scents, although they do all have a similar type of aroma. I tried vanilla this time and it's really nice. Dragon's blood is very popular and one of my friend's favorite scents. I think all parents still think that if incense is burning, someone is smoking pot, and I'm sure a lot of people still use it to cover that up, but it's an interesting alternative to candle burning as well.



I bought this little dish from L'Occitane that holds their mini candles perfectly but since it has the little hole in the center, it's an incense burner too! How cool. :-) Wait till you see it with the little candle it's made for. I bought it with one of their most popular scents. That review is to come.



{Currently Burning - Pineapple Orchid by Slatkin & Co.}

No comments:

Post a Comment