Sunday, July 18, 2010

My recent disappointment in Perlier

I used to love this brand made in Italy and sold in the US in high end department stores (and T.J. Maxx and Marshalls) and on HSN. Their products come in a lot of different scents that are natural-smelling and not only smell good but had great moisturizing properties but I've been pretty disappointed lately. Their products are way too expensive now since other companies like Bath & Body Works and even Victoria's Secret are stepping up with their body products. I just can't justify the expense anymore. One of my favorite Perlier scents used to be Coconut Milk and they recently re-formulated that line to include natural organic shea butter - 25% in some products. So you'd think all the new products would be super moisturizing right? I wanna rant about the hand soap.



I know hand soaps are mainly for cleaning and not moisturizing but I had to stop using this expensive product and throw it away because it dried out my hands so bad. I've never had a soap strip my hands of all moisture like this one did. It makes me pretty mad actually. I don't like the rest of the line either. The coconut smell is more natural than other brands but sometimes it smells like play-doh. The hand cream is too greasy, the body cream is too thick, and the shower gel doesn't lather enough. I used to really love this company but I might be done after this huge disappointing purchase.



{Currently Burning - Slatkin & Co Island Nectar}

No comments:

Post a Comment