Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Scents 2010

After a long search, here are my picks for spring. I apologize for not having pictures for all of them. I don't know how the whole thing works with posting pictures that aren't legally yours so I'm just following the rule of only posting pictures that I have personally taken.

Slatkin & Co Green Tea and White Pear



I don't know if I liked this the first time I smelled it. I don't even know if I was interested enough to pick it up and smell it. This is very complex with a lot of different notes to it. It's fruity and fresh at the same time so it's great for spring. Bathandbodyworks.com says "A light, clean blend of Asian pear, Yuzu, and a custom blend of green tea is infused with delicate florals gently layered over the ancient and restorative scents of oak, patchouli and warm musk". Uh...yeah, like I said...very complex.

Yankee Spa Fresh



My friend lead me on to this candle and I'm sooo glad he did. This isn't a new fragrance but I don't remember this coming out. This is one of my new favorites. Out of all Yankee candles. This has a little bit of a fresh-cut grass smell to it without being overwhelming since it has other notes to it as well. "A naturally revitalizing blend of soothing lavender, invigorating eucalyptus and stimulating mint". Those notes blend very well because I can't pick out any one of them separately.

Slatkin & Co Pineapple Orchid



"Delicate white orchid blended with sweet pineapple and rich black currant." This is pretty sweet. But it has the floral that is typical of spring. I don't like straight floral scents, as you can see from my picks for spring, so I like that this mixes a floral with a sweet. I also have this Scentportable in my car right now. But be careful, I was in my sister's car today and her scentportable starting to drip onto my pants! So be careful not to puncture the little pocket where the oil/gel/scent is.

Slatkin & Co Nectarine Mint

I was first introduced to this scent as an anti-bac soap so I never really gave it a chance as a home fragrance item but I love it so much, why not? Fruity and fresh, mixing different items found in a spring garden. Perfect. "A fresh blend of juicy nectarine, grapefruit, sugar, and crisp mint leaves."

C.O. Bigelow Lemon

No one does lemon like Bigelow. No one. Bath and Body Works has a couple lemon fragrances and so does Yankee but they're nothing like this. I couldn't find this item on www.bigelowchemists.com but I did find it listed on www.ilovebigelow.com. Is that even an official site? It looks like one. Weird. Anyway, their lemon line is amazing. The lemon perfume is actually one of my all time favorite perfumes. Also perfect for spring and summer. Unfortunately, Bath and Body Works does not sell this candle. Their Bigelow selection is kind of small. But if you can get to one of the Bigelow stores, get this candle.

Yankee Early Sunrise

I gave a full review of this earlier so I'll refrain from doing it again. But like I said before, this was the only brand new spring scent from Yankee that I liked.

{Currently Burning - Spa Fresh by Yankee}

No comments:

Post a Comment